The South Bend 6" x 48" Belt / 12" Disc Combination Sander showing the front and switch side
The South Bend 6" x 48" Belt / 12" Disc Combination Sander showing the front and dust port side
The rear and dust port side of the 6" x 48" Belt / 12" Disc Combination Sander
Both the belt sanding table and disc sanding table tilted 45 degrees down
The belt sander in the horizontal position with the fence at zero degrees
The disc sanding table trunnion and anodized lock knob
The belt sander in the horizontal position without the fence
The underneath of the belt sander fence at zero degrees
The belt sanding head tilt
Sanding belt tracking and lock knob
The belt sanding fence with heavy-duty miter gauge
The dic sanding fence tilted down with heavy-duty miter gauge
Sand right to the line with precision and confidence
The South Bend 6" x 48" Belt / 12" Disc Combination Sander is the last word on belt/disc sanders.
As you approach the layout lines on your custom project, you want the confidence of strong, reliable machinery and precision components supporting your every move.
The precision-ground cast-iron belt and disc sanding tables each tilt from 0–45° and feature a slot for the included miter gauge. Additionally, the entire belt assembly pivots for vertical, horizontal, or angled sanding—with machined detents for locking at 0°, 45° and 90°.
The large-footprint, heavy-duty one-piece cabinet steel base makes for vibration-free operation and houses the 1.5 HP TEFC motor and 4" dust port.
Prewired for 115V, the Disc Combination Sander can be converted to operate on a 230V power supply. If you prefer 230V, refer to the Voltage Conversion instructions in the manual. The voltage conversion MUST be performed by an electrician or qualified service personnel.
A reliable, precision-made belt/disc sander that runs smooth and is a must for any serious woodworking shop. From fairing complex curves to squaring the ends of custom-turned bowls or vases, and everything between, this machine is the perfect combination sander for the job.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
6" x 48" Belt / 12" Disc Combination Sander
- Two precision-ground cast-iron tables
- Heavy-duty cabinet stand
- Heavy-duty miter gauge
- Belt sander table tilts 0-45°
- Disc sander table tilts down 45° and up 15°
- US based customer service and technical support
- Motor: 1.5 HP, 115V/230V (prewired 115V), single-phase, 14A/7A
- Sanding belt size: 6" x 48"
- Sanding belt speed: 2690 FPM
- Platen size: 6" x 14-1/2"
- Belt sanding head tilt: 0–90°
- Belt sanding table size: 10" x 14"
- Belt sanding table tilt: 0–45°
- Sanding disc diameter: 12"
- Sanding disc speed: 2630 RPM
- Sanding disc type: PSA
- Disc sanding table size: 9" x 17-3/8"
- Disc sanding table tilt: -15°–45°
- Number of dust ports: 1
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 19" W x 21" L
- Overall size: 28" W x 30" D x 541⁄2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 326 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.