The main operating side of the SB1097 Oscillating Edge Sander with the belt in the vertical position.
The main operating side of the SB1097 Oscillating Edge Sander with the belt in the horizontal position.
The main dust port with 4" dust hose connected.
An example of edge sanding a workpiece butted against the backstop.
An example of edge sanding a workpiece using the miter gauge.
An example of bevel sanding a workpiece using the miter gauge.
The sanding spindle controls and components.
Auxiliary dust hood latched open.
Typical face sanding operation.
Power plus precision—the ultimate sander for serious woodworkers
Industrial strength plus ultimate convenience right at your fingertips—that was our approach to designing this world-class edge sander with auxiliary spindle sanding table.
The 3 HP motor and variable-speed digital control will take your edge and contour sanding to a whole new level of power and precision.
The sanding head tilts from 0–90° allowing you to edge sand at any angle you need on the heaviest of workpieces with full support of the large precision-ground cast-iron table.
The table raises and lowers via handwheel, making table height adjustments easy and fast, even with a workpiece mounted to it.
The addition of an integrated oscillating spindle sander with 1-1/2", 2", and 3" interchangeable drums and auxiliary table makes this two incredible machines in one.
6" x 108" Variable-Speed Oscillating Edge Sander
- Sanding surfaces tilt vertically and horizontally
- T-slot table and miter gauge
- Quick-release belt lever
- Graphite-coated platen
- Oscillating sanding surfaces
- Sanding belt oscillates at 52 cycles per minute
- Includes 3 sanding drums: 1-1/2" x 4-1/2", 2" x 4-1/2", and 3" x 4-1/2"
- Platen tilts 0 to 90°
- Variable-speed motor with touch screen controls
- US based customer service and technical support
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 9.5A
- Power requirement: 220V, single-phase
- Sanding belt size: 6" x 108"
- Sanding belt speed: 3150 FPM
- Oscillations: 1/4"
- Platen size and type: 6-3/4" x 39-3/4", graphite coated
- Sanding head tilt: 0°–90°
- Main table size: 12" x 35-1/2" x 1-1/2" thick
- Main table vertical travel: 4"
- Auxiliary table size: 10" x 11-1/2" x 3/4" thick
- Auxiliary table vertical travel: 10"
- Number of dust ports: 2
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 32" x 19-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 60" W x 28" D x 43" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 597 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.