The South Bend 20" Planer with Helical Cutterhead
A view of the 20" 4-row helical cutterhead with 92 inserts
Get finish-ready workpieces with this high-end South Bend planer
Whether you run a busy production shop or you're an experienced hobbyist with exacting standards, you need a planer you can absolutely count on for your custom thickness planing needs.
The 4-row helical cutterhead with 96 indexable carbide inserts dramatically reduces tearout in highly figured woods.
With the variable feed speed, it can rough-plane just about anything you can throw at it or produce finish-ready workpieces that require minimal to no sanding.
You'll be able to set your thickness with absolute accuracy thanks to the digital table height scale mounted on the headstock.
You'll be able to set your feed rate at just the right speed thanks to the variable-speed dial on the pedestal-mounted control panel.
Other top-end features you would expect from South Bend include precision-ground cast-iron tables, large return rollers, and triple belt drive.
This South Bend 20" Planer is built to withstand the test of time as well as provide precision results. No more messing around. Take your custom planing to a whole new level.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
20" Planer with Helical Cutterhead and DRO
- Digital table height scale
- Variable feed speed dial on control pedestal
- Extra-large ball bearing return rollers
- Heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron extension wings
- Pedestal-mounted controls with magnetic switch and thermal overload protection
- Internally mounted motor
- Four heavy-duty support columns
- Anti-kickback fingers
- Drive gears run in oil bath
- Triple belt drive inside housing
- US based customer service and technical support
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 23A
- Maximum stock width: 20"
- Maximum stock thickness: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 7"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 31-/4"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical with 92 inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Insert size & type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Feed rate: Variable, 10–28 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 20" x 56"
- Dust port size: 5"
- Footprint: 22-12" x 23"
- Overall dimensions: 46-1/2" W x 56" D x 46" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 820 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.