The South Bend 12" Jointer
The 12" 4-row helical cutterhead with 56 inserts
A feature-packed, professional-grade jointer
The industrial-duty South Bend 12" x 88" Jointer with Helical Cutterhead is made with uncompromising quality and packed with features to consistently produce high-quality results.
The 12" helical cutterhead, with the inserts slightly angled for shearing action, ensures the smoothest finish possible, minimizing tearout in highly figured woods. It also runs quieter than straight-knife and spiral cutterhead models from other brands.
With the parallelogram table setup — each table is mounted on four pivot points — table adjustments are smooth and precise, allowing you to have both infeed and outfeed tables perfectly parallel.
The large handwheels with locks are conveniently located on the front of the machine. They smoothly rotate and make adjusting table height a pleasure.
You'll be able to dial in the exact cut depth you need every time thanks to a digital readout for infeed table height.
A large "knee-stop" emergency stop button on the cabinet stand means you'll be able to cut power even if you have both hands on the workpiece.
Other features include the precision-ground cast-iron fence with rack-and-pinion lateral adjustment, pedestal-mounted controls, and more.
EVERY SERIOUS WOODWORKING SHOP NEEDS A JOINTER IT CAN COUNT ON. THIS MACHINE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
12" x 88" Jointer with Helical Cutterhead and DRO
- Parallelogram tables with handwheel adjustment
- Digital readout for infeed table height
- Rabbeting table
- Pedestal-mounted switch controls
- Easy-to-reach knee stop button located below cutterhead
- Rack-and-pinion lateral fence adjustment
- Fence stops at 45°, 90° and 135°
- V-belt drive
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- Sturdy steel cabinet stand
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Anodized handwheels and fence handle
- US based customer service and technical support
- Motor: 5 HP, 230V, single-phase, 27A
- Maximum width of cut: 12"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Maximum rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cutterhead diameter: 4"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical, 56 inserts
- Insert size and type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 5500 RPM
- Table size: 12" x 88"
- Fence size: 47-1/2" L x 6" H
- Minimum stock length: 14"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/2"
- Dust port size: 6"
- Footprint: 49-1/2" x 23"
- Dimensions: 87-1/2" W x 39" D x 46" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 992 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.