The South Bend 10" x 54" 5 HP 3-Phase Mill with DRO
Call-outs of the various features of the 10" x 54" 5 HP 3-Phase Mill with DRO
Your next mill with large capacities and high tolerances
The 10" x 54" 5 HP 3-Phase Mill with DRO features 3-axis table movement with built-in X-axis and Z-axis power feed.
For maximum accuracy and support through the full range of movement, the mill is constructed with high-grade Meehanite castings.
The saddle and knee ways are hand-scraped and Turcite-coated with wide dovetails for smooth, ultra-precise movement.
The Fagor 30iM 3-axis digital readout (DRO) reads down to a 0.0002" resolution for accurate and repeatable milling operations.
An Align PD-200 power drawbar increases production and performance by cutting down the time it takes to change out the tooling.
This machine uses a Yasakawa VS-606V7 inverter with a 5HP induction motor to provide true variable spindle speed from 60-5000 RPM.
The headstock is mounted on a wide-dovetail movable ram with 19-1/2" of travel and 360° rotating capability.
The headstock itself can swivel 90° left/right or 45° forward/back so it can be positioned for nearly any setup needed.
To ensure quality work results, this mill comes equipped with NSK or NTN spindle bearings that are rated to P4 (ABEC-7) tolerances.
The spindle taper is R8 and the spindle has powered down feed with fine, medium, and coarse feed controls.
This milling machine has been outfitted with a one-shot lubrication system. It is as quick and easy as one pump of a lever to reduce the time spent performing daily lubrication.
Quality Allen-Bradley electrical components and attention to detail provide dependable electrical control of the powered movements.
Finally, this milling machine comes with a circulating coolant system with the pump and reservoir in the column base.
10" x 54" 5 HP Mill with 3 Axis DRO and Power Drawbar
- Fagor 3 axis DRO
- Align power drawbar
- Allen-Bradley electrical controls
- High-quality, low-vibration AEVF spindle motor
- Japanese Yasakawa power inverter
- P4 (ABEC-7) high-quality angular contact spindle bearings
- Double-bronzed X- and Y- leadscrew nuts for ultra-smooth movement w/minimal backlash
- Lever-action, one-shot pump lubrication system
- Control panel mounted on adjustable arm
- Complete built-in coolant system
- Table elevation power feed (Z-axis)
- Variable-speed longitudinal power feed (X-axis)
- Auto-downfeed with micro-adjustable stop
- Hardened and precision-ground table surface
- Chromed steel quill
- Heavy-duty spindle brake
- US based customer service and technical support
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 14A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.45A
- Table elevation motor: 1/4 HP, 1.95A
- Feed motor: 1/10 HP, 0.8A
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Max distance spindle to column: 26"
- Max distance spindle to table: 16-1/2"
- Longitudinal travel: 35"
- Cross travel: 16"
- Vertical travel: 14-1/4"
- Ram travel (In/Out): 19-1/2"
- Ram swivel: 360°
- Head swivel: 90°
- Head tilt: 45°
- End milling capacity: 1"
- Face milling capacity: 4"
- Table size: 10" W x 54" L x 3" T
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- Table capacity: 750 lbs.
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Power drawbar
- Spindle speeds: variable, 60-5000 RPM
- Dimensions: 66" W x 77" D x 89" H
- Footprint: 41-1/2" L x 24-1/2" W
- Approximate shipping weight: 3344 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.