The South Bend Oscillating Edge Sander
The Oscillating Edge Sander with the heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron table tilted at 45 degrees
Auxiliary contour sanding table with 8" of vertical travel
Another view of the The Oscillating Edge Sander with the heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron table tilted at 45 degrees
An industrial-duty edge sander for high-output professional shops
When producing flawless work all day every day is a basic requirement of your shop, you need to trust your machinery to perform at the highest level, to be versatile to meet varying demands, and be consistently reliable to last years of rigorous use.
The 9" x 138 -1/2" Oscillating Edge Sander is a large-capacity oscillating edge sander designed for the rigors of industrial-level use.
Featuring a heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron table that spans the length of the sanding belt, this industrial-duty oscillating edge sander from South Bend has the capacity and power your shop needs.
A 3HP motor drives the 9" x 138-1/2" belt at 4120 FPM, with smooth 1/4" oscillations, improving finish and prolonging belt life.
It also features an auxiliary contour sanding table with 8" of vertical travel mounted to the side of the machine.
Sanding belt changes are fast and easy with the quick-release belt tension lever and roller adjustment features, allowing you more time to focus on creating your best work.
WHEN IT'S TIME TO INVEST IN YOUR SHOP'S FUTURE WITH A NEW EDGE SANDER, THIS IS THE CHOICE FOR PROFESSIONALS.
9" x 138" Oscillating Edge Sander
- Miter work stop
- Quick-release belt lever
- Conveniently located belt tracking and tension adjustment
- 1/4" belt oscillation
- Two large sanding tables
- End guards swing away for edge sanding long boards
- Table height handwheel for easy and precise adjustment and maximum use of sanding surface area
- US based customer service and technical support
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, 15A
- Sanding belt size: 9" x 138-1/2"
- Sanding belt speed: 4120 FPM
- Oscillations: 1/4"
- Platen size & type: 9-1/2" x 47-1/2", graphite-coated
- Main table size: 11-3/4" W x 47-3/4" L x 1-1/4" T
- Main table tilt: 0–45°
- Main table vertical travel: 8"
- Auxiliary table size: 13" W x 18" L x 1-1/4" T
- Auxiliary table vertical travel: 8"
- Number of dust ports: 2
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 24-1/2" x 42"
- Overall dimensions: 82" W x 24" D x 45 1⁄2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 873 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.