The South Bend 5 HP 3-Phase Spindle Shaper
The front and outfeed side of the 5 HP 3-Phase Spindle Shaper
The infeed and backside of the 5 HP 3-Phase Spindle Shaper
The outfeed and backside of the 5 HP 3-Phase Spindle Shaper
The control panel with spindle RPM and height digital readout
A close up of the spindle
Another view of the fence lock knobs, fence assembly adjustment knob, fence micro-adjustment knobs, and dual dust ports
The 5 HP motor, motor bracket handles, and internal dust collection
A fully-adjustable miter gauge
Gain the advantage with industrial capacity and high-end features.
The 5 HP spindle shapers will give you superb finishes with high-end features and precision-built quality only available from South Bend.
This machine has a digital readout for precise spindle speed and height adjustments, and a micro-adjustable fence with featherboards.
You’ll get maximum support for large workpieces plus versatility with a solid 3-3/8" thick, 31-1/2" x 39-1/4" precision-ground cast-iron table that accepts cutters up to 7" in diameter.
Additional features include dual dust ports, an included miter gauge, a fully adjustable clear guard, and more.
Also available in a 3 HP model that runs on single-phase power. See SB1119.
Where quality and high output matter, choose South Bend for dependability, accuracy, and versatility—and watch your production soar!
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
5 HP Spindle Shaper, 3-Phase
- DRO for spindle RPM and height positioning
- 4-3/4" tall anodized aluminum fence with featherboard attachments
- Rack-and-pinion fence adjustment with 4" of travel
- Micro-adjustment knobs for fence alignment
- Power feeder attachment locations (power feeder not included)
- Variable speed, from 5000–10,000 RPM
- Fully adjustable clear guard
- Dual 4" dust ports
- Quick-release belt tensioner
- US based customer service and technical support
- Motor: 5 HP, 230V, 3-phase, 15A
- Required power supply: 230V, 3-phase, minimum 20A circuit
- Maximum cutter height: 5"
- Maximum cutter diameter: 7"
- Spindle diameters: 3/4", 1-1/4"
- Spindle lengths: 3-7/8" and 5-7/8"
- Spindle capacities under nut: 3-1/2" and 5-1/8"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 5000–10,000 RPM
- Spindle travel: 4"
- Spindle openings: 2-1/2", 4-1/8", 5-3/4", 7"
- Table counterbore: 8-1/4"dia., 3/16" depth
- Table size: 31-1/2" x 39-1/4"
- Floor-to-table height: 36-5/8"
- Footprint: 25-1/2" x 31"
- Dimensions: 39-1/2" W x 34" D x 51-1/2" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 800 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
Download our specification sheet for complete specifications, two-year warranty and accessory information.