The full view of the SB1125 19-1/2" Floor Drill Press .
The left side of the SB1125 19-1/2" Floor Drill Press featuring the control panel with digital readout, motor, and table lock handles.
The right side of the SB1125 19-1/2" Floor Drill Press featuring the coarse downfeed levers, motor, and table elevation crank.
The spindle speed pulley system for the two speed ranges.
The control panel with power, light, and emergency buttons, high and low spindle speed selector, and variable-speed dial.
A view of the light turned on and shining on the table.
A South Bend original design drill press with modern features.
The smooth-running SB1125 19-1/2" Floor Drill Press has a 3-phase variable-speed motor that runs on standard 220V single-phase power with an inverter. This makes it a great high-end option for serious hobbyists and smaller shops running single-phase power. Just plug it into any 220V single-phase outlet.
The SB1125 features a full 5-1/2" of spindle travel with, MT#3 spindle and comes with a 5/8" capacity drill chuck. It has two-range variable spindle speed control from 50–400 and 300–2000 RPM with a digital readout. This wide range of speeds makes it perfect for both woodworkers as well as metalworkers.
The 16" x 20" precision-ground cast-iron table has two 5/8" T-slots, with 360° table positioning around column and hand-crank enabled rack-and-pinion table elevation. The table can be swung to the back when drilling tall work pieces; securing it to the bast-iron base using the two 5/8" T-slots.
The SB1125 is built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
Like all South Bend products, the SB1125 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The SB1125 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your drill press.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the drill press may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
19-1/2" Variable-Speed Floor Drill Press
- Variable frequency drive for 3-phase speed control with single-phase power
- 360° Table positioning around column
- Control panel with front-mounted E-stop button and forward/reverse switch
- Variable-speed control from 50–400 and 300–2000 RPM
- 16" x 20" Precision-ground cast-iron table with two 5/8" T-slots, 6-1/4" on center
- Cast-iron base with two 5/8" T-slots, 6-1/4" on center
- Hand-Crank enabled rack-and-pinion table elevation
- Digital speed display
- Built-in LED light
- 5-1/2" spindle travel
- Easy-to-use belt tensioner with slide-bolt latch
- Motor: 1 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 3.8A
- Required power supply: 220V, single-phase, 15A circuit
- Spindle travel: 5-1/2"
- Spindle taper: MT#3
- Max. distance spindle to column: 9-3/4"
- Max. distance spindle to table: 25-5/16"
- Drilling capacity: 1-9/16" mild steel
- Spindle speed: Variable, 50–2000 RPM
- Table size: 20" L x 16" W x 1-1/2" T
- Table swivel: 30° R/L
- Drill chuck type and size: JT6 key chuck, 3/64"–5/8" capacity
- Overall dimensions: 21-1/2" W x 33" D x 68-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 514 lbs.