The left-hand side of the operation end of the SB1118 25" Industrial-Duty Planer.
The right-hand side of the operation end of the SB1118 25" Industrial-Duty Planer.
The left-hand side of the outfeed end of the SB1118 25" Industrial-Duty Planer.
The right-hand side of the outfeed end of the SB1118 25" Industrial-Duty Planer.
A closeup of the digital readout and control panel. A portion of the table height scale and one headstock cover latch can be seen as well.
Lifting the headstock cover to expose the anti-kickback fingers and chip breakers.
The headstock cover raised to expose the 6-row helical cutterhead and pressure arms.
Looking up at the anti-kickback fingers and the serrated infeed roller.
A profile view of the infeed and dual heavy-duty outfeed rollers, chip breakers, and helical cutterhead.
The business end of the planer showing the anti-kickback fingers, serrated infeed roller, chip breaker, helical cutterhead, pressure bar, and dual outfeed rollers.
Amp up production with this large-capacity planer from South Bend®!
With its 25" x 9" planing capacity, massive 15 HP motor, and electronic table height controls with digital presets, this mammoth South Bend planer will blast through stock all day long with unparalleled efficiency and reliability.
It's not just a production powerhouse; you'll see a dramatic improvement in the wood being planed thanks to the 6-row helical cutterhead with 174 indexable carbide inserts.
With a helical setup the inserts are positioned at a slight angle. This produces a shearing action (as opposed to cutting "straight-on"), and results in smoother finish, reduced tearout in figured woods, and smoother operation. Many species of wood come out looking like they have been sanded!
The digital table height controls allow you to take the thinnest of shavings to the heaviest of cuts with dead-on accuracy and repeatability every time. And the variable-speed feed gives you total control to dial in just the right feed rate for the job at hand.
The SB1118 also features manual override for table height, heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron tables, and a segmented chip breaker. It comes with a 2-year warranty and is built to South Bend® high-precision industrial standards.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
25" Industrial-Duty Planer with Helical Cutterhead
- Digitally controlled table elevation with memory presets and optional manual override
- Variable feed speed dial on control pedestal
- Heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron extension wings
- Pedestal-mounted controls with magnetic switch and thermal overload protection
- Internally mounted motor
- Anti-kickback fingers
- Drive gears run in oil bath
- Triple belt drive inside housing
- US based customer service and technical support
- Main motor: 15 HP, 220V/440V*, 3-phase, 37A/18.5A
- Feed motor: 1/2 HP
- Table elevation motor: 3/4 HP
- Maximum stock width: 25"
- Maximum stock thickness: 9"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/2"
- Cutterhead type: 6-row helical with 174 inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 4900 RPM
- Insert size and type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Feed rate: Variable, 10–30 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 25-1/8" x 57"
- Dust port size: 6"
- Footprint: 24-1/2" x 47-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 54-1/2" W x 57" D x 54-1/2" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 2057 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.