The South Bend 15" Planer with Helical Cutterhead
A view of the 15" 4-row helical cutterhead with 52 inserts
Get unmatched planing with South Bend precision
Designed with the exacting tolerances your shop demands, this South Bend 15" Planer is top of its class in precision workmanship and dependability.
The helical cutterhead delivers near mirror-smooth finishes right out of the gate. It consists of four rows of indexable carbide inserts, each angled slightly to produce a shearing action.
This shearing action results in less tearout in highly figured woods and quieter operation—and the planed surfaces are far superior to what you'll get with straight-knife and even other spiral cutterheads on the market.
Other high-end features include a digital table height scale for ultra-precise and consistent thickness adjustments, variable feed speeds, precision-ground cast-iron tables, and triple belt drive—everything that makes this planer truly live up to the South Bend name.
No more messing around. This will be the last 15" planer you'll ever need to buy.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
15" Planer with Helical Cutterhead
- Digital table height scale
- Variable feed speed dial on control pedestal
- Extra-large ball bearing return rollers
- Heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron extension wings
- Pedestal-mounted controls with magnetic switch and thermal overload protection
- Internally mounted motor
- Four heavy-duty support columns
- Anti-kickback fingers
- Drive gears run in oil bath
- Triple belt drive inside housing
- US based customer service and technical support
- Motor: 3 HP, 230V, single-phase, 12A
- Maximum stock width: 15"
- Maximum stock thickness: 6"
- Minimum stock thickness: 3/16"
- Minimum stock length: 6"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical with 52 inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Insert size and type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Feed rate: Variable, 10–28 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 15" x 48"
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 22-1/2" x 23"
- Overall dimensions: 39" W x 48" D x 44-1/2" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 595 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.