The 18" x 60", 21" x 80", and 21" x 120" Turn-Nado® EVS Lathes with Fagor DROs
The South Bend 21" x 80" Turn-Nado® EVS Lathe with DRO
The headstock and quick-change gearbox controls
Call-outs of the various features of the 21" x 80" Turn-Nado® EVS Lathe with DRO
The South Bend 21" x 120" Turn-Nado® EVS Lathe with DRO
Call-outs of the various features of the 21" x 120" Turn-Nado® EVS Lathe with DRO
The South Bend 18" x 60" Turn-Nado® EVS Lathe with DRO
Call-outs of the various features of the 18" x 60" Turn-Nado® EVS Lathe with DRO
The carriage controls
12" 3-Jaw scroll chuck with bolt-on jaws, chuck safety guard with limit switch, and steady rest
The headstock with the micrometer carriage stop centered in the photo
The carriage controls, follow rest, and tailstock
The tailstock including the quill, quill lock, tailstock lock lever, graduated scale, and quill handwheel.
An overhead view of the carriage controls
The end gear components
The spindle motor and v-belts
The inside view of the electrical panel box
The backside of the 18" x 60" Turn-Nado EVS Lathe with DRO
Combining modern electronics with historic lineage to produce precision toolroom lathes
The EVS (electronic variable speed) spindle speed of the TURN-NADO lathes allow for dialing in the perfect cutting speed. This makes it much easier to achieve exacting tolerances and superior finishes on any job.
The TURN-NADO EVS Lathes come in three different sizes: 18" x 60", 21" x 80", and 21" x 120".
There are four spindle speed ranges that can be selected with the speed range lever. The spindle speed dial fine tunes the exact speed within the selected range between 18-1800 RPM.
Spindle speed is displayed on the digital readout conveniently located on the control panel.
A factory-installed Fagor digital readout displays the positioning of the carriage and cross slide.
A micrometer stop is used to limit carriage travel for production runs or make final adjustments to the carriage position.
Both the carriage and cross slide have power feed capability when the carriage is engaged with the feed rod.
To further ensure a high degree of accuracy, these lathes are equipped with high-quality spindle bearings. The spindles are D1-8 camlock with an MT#7 taper and 3.15" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#5 taper and 6-1/2" of quill travel.
The headstocks feature quick-change gear levers and the carriages include an adjustable clutch that disables automatic carriage feed when it contacts the feed stop or in the event of a crash.
The headstocks are equipped with a pressurized oiling system that pre-lubricates the bearings and gears before the spindle starts. This guarantees that the headstocks are properly lubricated in all start-up conditions, including high-load/low-speed operations.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with Meehanite-processed castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design. This continues a tradition long used on South Bend lathes for accuracy, durability, and rigidity.
The lathe is equipped with a foot brake to quickly stop the spindle instead of allowing it to coast to a stop on its own. Pressing the foot brake while the spindle is ON also cuts power to the motor.
The removeable chip drawer catches swarf and metal chips during the machining process. It contains a screen that keeps the large chips from returning to the reservoir, preventing pump damage.
When the coolant pump switch is turned ON, the fluid is delivered through the nozzle attached to the carriage. The flow is controlled by the valve lever at the base of the nozzle.
Turn-Nado® EVS Lathes with Fagor DROs
ALL MACHINES FEATURE:
- Fagor 2-axis DRO for precise positioning of the carriage
- Superior engineered uniformity with Meehanite castings
- Signature self-centering South Bend three V-way bed
- Allen-Bradley electrical components
- Yaskawa G7A4011 Inverter
- Enclosed universal gearbox for cutting inch, metric, modular, and diametral pitches
- 14" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-8
- 12" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-8 plate
- SKF spindle bearings
- Full-length splash guard
- Complete coolant system
- Front-removable sliding chip tray
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Threading dial indicator
- Jog button and emergency stop
- 4-Way tool post
- Toolbox with service tools
- US Based Customer Service and Technical Support
- Swing over bed: 18" (SB1060PF), 21" (SB1043PF & SB1045PF)
- Spindle bore: 3.15"
- Spindle motor: 12-1/2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 18A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.23A
- Oil pump motor: 1/4 HP, 0.6A
- Swing over cross slide: 14"
- Swing over saddle: 21"
- Swing over gap: 31.1"
- Maximum tool bit size: 1"
- Compound travel: 5.39"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Spindle taper: MT #7
- Spindle speeds: (variable) from 18 - 1800 RPM
- Spindle type: D1-8 camlock
- Tailstock travel: 6-1/2"
- Tailstock taper: MT #5
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 3"
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.0015 to 0.0400 IPR (15)
- Cross feeds: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (15)
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (38 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.4 to 14 mm (40 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Bed width: 13.58"
- Distance between centers: 80"
- Carriage travel: 79"
- Overall dimensions: 130-1/4" W x 27" D x 62-1/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 6038 lbs.
- Distance between centers: 120"
- Carriage travel: 119"
- Overall dimensions: 169-3/4" W x 27" D x 62-1/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 7202 lbs.
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Carriage travel: 59"
- Overall dimensions: 110-1/2" W x 27" D x 62-1/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 5408 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.