The front/left view of the South Bend 12" x 58" CNC Knee Mill
The front/right view of the South Bend 12" x 58" CNC Knee Mill
A close up of the Fagor 8055i control panel
Left side controls including the ram rotation scale, spindle brake lever, and power drawbar electric over air controls.
Right side controls including the removable spindle downfeed lever, belt tension adjustment lever, downfeed scale, and ram slide scale.
Electrical cabinet wiring with equipment number tags
Built with attention to detail for dependable CNC milling operations for years to come
The 12" x 58" CNC Knee Mill features 3-axis table movement with built-in X-, Y-, and Z-axis servo motors. It is constructed with high-grade Meehanite-processed castings.
The saddle and knee ways are hand-scraped and Turcite-coated with wide dovetails for maximum support and accuracy throughout the full range of movement.
To ensure quality results, the mill is equipped with premium angular contact spindle bearings that are rated to P4 tolerances. The spindle taper is NT40 and has servo motor downfeed with a variable feed rate between 0-0.98 FPM and spindle travel of 3.5".
The machine uses a Delta VFD-B inverter with a 5HP induction motor to provide true variable spindle speed from 50-5000 RPM.
The headstock is mounted on a wide dovetail-way ram with 20" of travel and 320° rotating capability. The headstock itself can swivel 90° left/right or 45° forward/back so it can be positioned for nearly any setup needed.
To reduce the time spent doing daily lubrication, this milling machine is outfitted with an electronic lubrication system that automatically lubricates the most critical areas.
A quality Fagor 8055i control panel with excellent electrical components and attention to detail give dependable CNC milling operations.
The CNC Knee Mill includes a circulating coolant system with the pump and reservoir in the column base.
12" x 58" CNC Knee Mill
- Powerful 5HP TEFC spindle motor
- CNC programmable 3-axis milling
- Fagor 8055i CNC controller with convenient rotating housing and head control
- Power drawbar for fast tooling changes
- Ball screw, servo-driven table movement
- Oversize 12-1/2" x 58" precision ground cast-iron table
- Built-in coolant system
- Highest quality of South Bend construction throughout!
- US based customer service and technical support
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 14A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.38A
- X-Axis feed motor: 1 HP, 5.1A
- Y-Axis feed motor: 1 HP, 5.1A
- Z-Axis feed motor: 1/2 HP, 2.6A
- Spindle travel: 3-1/2"
- Max distance spindle to column: 27"
- Max distance spindle to table: 19"
- Longitudinal travel: 32"
- Cross travel: 15.7"
- Vertical (knee) travel: 16-1/2"
- Ram travel (In/Out): 20"
- Ram swivel: 320 deg.
- Head swivel: 90 deg.
- Head tilt: 45 deg.
- Drilling capacity for cast-iron: 1"
- Drilling capacity for steel: 15/16 "
- Tapping capacity: 3/4"
- End milling capacity: 3/4"
- Face milling capacity: 3-15/16"
- Table size: 12-1/2" W x 58" L x 3-3/8" T
- Table weight capacity: 660 lbs.
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- X-Axis table power feed rate: 16 FPM
- Y-Axis table power feed rate: 16 FPM
- Spindle taper: NT 40
- Spindle speeds: variable, 50-5000 RPM
- Quill diameter: 4-1/8"
- Quill feed rate: variable, 0-0.98 FPM
- Dimensions: 124" W x 105-1/2" D x 93-1/2" H
- Footprint: 47" L x 38" W
- Approximate shipping weight: 4015 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.