The South Bend 16" x 60" 440V Electronic Variable-Speed Toolroom Lathe with Fagor DRO
Call-outs of the many features of the lathe
When you require a high quality variable speed lathe
As the name implies, the 16" x 60" EVS Toolroom Lathe feature EVS (Electronic Variable-Speed) spindle control, which allows the operator to quickly set the exact spindle speed within the available range of 20–2500 RPM.
Spindle speed is displayed on a Fagor digital readout and controlled within each speed range with the use of a dial—no changing gears or looking up complex lever positions on a chart.
The beds of these lathes are constructed with Meehanite castings that have been precision hardened and ground in the traditional 3-V prismatic design—long used on South Bend Lathes for its accuracy, durability, and rigidity.
The headstock features quick-change gear levers and an adjustable clutch mechanism for the feed rod that can be set to prevent damage in the event of a crash.
To further ensure a high degree of accuracy, these lathes are equipped with high quality Japanese spindle bearings.
The spindles are the D1-6 camlock type with an MT#6 taper and 2.0625" bore. The tailstock quills have an MT#4 taper and offer 6" of travel.
These EVS lathes also include a pressurized headstock oiling system that pre-lubricates bearings/gears before the spindle starts and delivers perfect lubrication during low speed operations - compare to conventional splash and bath oil systems that leave bearings/gears starved for oil when the spindle is first started and during low speed operations.
16" x 60" 440V EVS Toolroom Lathe with Fagor DRO
- Heavy-duty signature three V-way bed
- Induction-hardened and precision-ground ways
- Meehanite bed castings
- Removable chip tray for ease of clean-up
- Fagor digital readout
- Japanese Yaskawa inverter ensuring smooth, consistent torque and reliability
- Tailstock with inch/metric graduated quill
- Centralized lubrication pump for bed-ways and cross slide
- Full-length emergency foot brake
- Dual-reading inch/metric dials on the cross feed and compound
- Full-length, rear-mounted splash guard
- Lockable main disconnect switch
- US based customer service and technical support
- Swing over bed: 16"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Spindle motor: 7-1/2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 11A
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP, 0.18A
- Swing over cross slide: 10-3/8"
- Swing over gap: 22.95"
- Cross slide travel: 9.25"
- Compound slide travel: 5.1"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 Camlock
- Taper inside spindle: MT#6
- Spindle speed: Variable, 20-2500 RPM
- RPM ranges: 20-400 low, 400-2500 high
- Inch threads: (45) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (39) 0.2 to 14mm
- Modular threads: (18) 0.3 to 3.5
- Diametral threads: (21) 8 to 44
- Longitudinal feed: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR
- Cross feed: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 17
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 2.047"
- Tailstock quill travel: 6"
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Footprint: 19-1/2" x 101-7/8"
- Approx. shipping weight: 3,488 lbs.
- 9" 3-Jaw scroll chuck
- 10" 4-Jaw independent chuck
- 12" faceplate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- 4-way tool post
- Halogen lamp
- Complete coolant system
- Turret micrometer stop
- Two Morse taper dead centers
- Single saddle stop
- Thread dial indicator
- Leveling bolts
- Tool box and tool kit
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.