The SB1024F and SB1025F 9" x 42" Milling Machines with Fagor DRO
Front side of the SB1025F 9" x 42" Milling Machine with DRO
Right side profile of the SB1024F
Call-outs of the various features of the SB1025F 9" x 42" Milling Machine
Front side of the SB1024F 9" x 42" Milling Machine with DRO
Call-outs of the various features of the SB1024F 9" x 42" Milling Machine
The inside view of the electrical panel box
Left side profile of the SB1024F
A close up of the one-shot oiler controls
Left side knee of the SB1024F 9" x 42" Milling Machine with knee crank, x-axis ball handle, and one-shot oiler
The finest precision has been masterfully executed in these South Bend milling machines
These milling machines are built for daily, non-stop use in a busy industrial setting, tool room, or school shop. They are easy to set-up, truly accurate, and built to give you long years of service when properly cared for.
Their vast capabilities are nearly unlimited as they are perfect for: face milling, end milling, planing, slot or keyway cutting, dovetailing, routing, drilling, reaming, boring, and much more. With the movable ram and tilting head, all these tasks can be performed on horizontal, vertical, and angled surfaces.
These 9" x 42" Milling Machines are constructed to last. This is demonstrated starting from the hardened and precision-ground cast iron table, to the precision-ground, then chrome-plated steel spindle housing, down to the Meehanite casted head and column.
Special attention has been given to the quality of the spindle components, especially the low-vibration AEVF spindle and the P4 (ABEC-7) angular contact spindle bearings. The spindle uses a powered downfeed with fine, medium, and coarse feed controls and has an R8 taper.
These milling machines feature 3-axis table movement with built-in longitudinal power feed and support workpieces up to 750 lbs. The saddle and knee ways are Turcite-coated and built with wide dovetails for maximum support and accuracy through the full range of movement.
And finally, the Fagor 3-axis DRO 30i-M provides a numerical display showing the X- and Y-positions of the mill table, plus the Z-axis of the cutting tool.
9" x 42" Milling Machines with Fagor DRO
- Fagor DRO
- Meehanite® casting
- Turcite-coated ways
- Chromed steel quill
- Heavy-duty spindle brake
- Japanese NSK/NTN bearings
- Allen Bradley® electrical controls
- Micro-adjustable auto-downfeed stop
- Double-bronzed X & Y leadscrew nuts
- Variable speed longitudinal table power feed
- Lever action, one shot pump lubrication system
- High-quality, low-vibration AEVF spindle motor
- P4 (ABEC-7) high-quality angular contact spindle bearings
- Table, knee and ram are equipped with dual locking mechanisms
- Spindle motor: 2 HP, 220V, 3-phase (SB1025F) or single phase (SB1024F), 6.5A (SB1025F) / 14A (SB1024F)
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Max. distance spindle to column: 19"
- Max. distance spindle to table: 18"
- Longitudinal table travel with power feed: 23-1/2", 29-1/2" without power feed
- Cross table travel: 13"
- Vertical table travel: 16"
- Ram travel: 13"
- Column swivel: 360°
- Head swivel: 90° left and right, 45° front and back of
- Table size is 9" W x 42" L x 3" T
- (3) 5/8" Table T-slots
- R-8 Spindle taper
- Spindle speeds from 80–5600 RPM (variable; 16 steps) (SB1025F) or 60-2400 RPM (variable) (SB1024F)
- Quill feed rates (per revolution) of 0.0015", 0.003", 0.006”
- Overall dimensions of 63" W x 81" H x 58" D (SB1025F) or 63" W x 87" H x 58" (SB1024F)
- Approximate shipping weight at 2161 lbs. (SB1025F) or 2140 lbs. (SB1024F)