The South Bend 14" x 40" 220V 3-Phase 16-Speed Lathe with Fagor DRO
Call outs of the various features of the 14" x 40" 16-Speed 220V 3-Phase Lathe with Fagor DRO
Designed for high precision work, this toolroom lathe has all the features to produce the tightest tolerances.
Thick castings, heavy weight, and quality construction throughout provide the necessary brawn for demanding production and manufacturing tasks.
This lathe is packed with standard features and equipment, including a complete coolant system, easy-to-clean chip drawer, one-shot lubrication system, foot brake, powered cross feed, 3- and 4-jaw chucks, faceplate, as well as premium Allen-Bradley contactors, thermal relays, and fuse system.
Spindle speeds are controlled by convenient headstock levers, which allow the operator to quickly set the spindle speed within the available range of 50-2570 RPM.
Spindle speed is displayed on a Fagor digital readout and controlled within each speed range with the use of a dial—no looking up complex lever positions on a chart.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with Meehanite-processed castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design - long used on South Bend lathes for accuracy, durability and rigidity.
The headstocks feature quick-change gear levers and the carriages include an adjustable clutch that disables automatic carriage feed when it contacts the feed stop or in the event of a crash.
To further ensure a high degree of accuracy, these lathes are equipped with Japanese spindle bearings. The spindles are D1-5 camlock with an MT#5 taper and 1.57" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#3 taper and 4.5" of quill travel.
14" x 40" 220V 3-Phase 16-Speed Lathe with Fagor DRO
- Fagor 2-axis DRO for precise positioning of the carriage and cross slide
- Superior engineered uniformity with Meehanite castings
- Signature self-centering South Bend three V-way bed
- Enclosed universal gearbox for cutting inch, metric, modular, and diametral pitches
- 10" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-5
- 8" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-5 plate
- High quality Japanese spindle bearings
- Full-length splash guard
- Front-removable sliding chip tray
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Threading dial indicator
- Jog button and emergency stop
- 4-Way tool post
- Toolbox with service tools
- US Based Customer Service and Technical Support
- Swing over bed: 14"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Spindle bore: 1.57"
- Spindle motor size: 5 HP/2.5 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 14A/10A
- Coolant motor size: 1/8 HP
- Swing over cross slide: 8.66"
- Swing over gap: 20.94"
- Width of bed: 9"
- Cross slide travel: 7"
- Compound slide travel: 4"
- Spindle nose: D1-5 camlock
- Spindle taper: MT #5
- Spindle speeds: (16) from 50 - 2570 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #3
- Tailstock travel: 4-1/2"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1.968"
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (45 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.2 to 14 mm (39 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR (17)
- Cross feeds: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (17)
- Overall dimensions: 80-3/4" W x 32-1/8" D x 54-3/8" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 2,498 lbs.
Built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
DOWNLOAD OUR SPECIFICATION SHEET FOR COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS, TWO-YEAR WARRANTY AND ACCESSORY INFORMATION.